Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I Guess This Is My Monthly Update

Wow, seriously?  It’s been a month since I posted last?

My apologies to the two or three of you who happen to check this site.  I’ve been a little busy lately, but I won’t complain about it, because 1) that’s boring and 2) aren’t we all?

Instead, I’ll give you a quick update on what I’ve been doing:

DOWNHILL SKIING.  My dad, sister, sister’s boyfriend, uncle, and a few other folks met up for my dad’s 50th birthday at the end of February.  We were going to do some cross-country skiing, my dad’s personal favorite, but there hasn’t been enough snow this winter to make that possible.  So we went to a downhill ski resort and I tried my hand at it.

As it turns out, I’m freaking awesome at downhill.  I will not even be modest about this.  I killed it.
My sissy and me, after a few hours in the powder.  Guess who is who!  Ha ha ha!!


I got really excited about buying my own gear and going up to Wisconsin every weekend to ski, but then it got nice outside, and my athletic ambitions went in another direction:

RUNNING A 5K.  This is my new goal.  And I already joined the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA), started attending a weekly running group, and bought almost $300 worth of new running clothes, so try and stop me now!

(On a different note, how is it possible that I visited both Nike and Adidas before realizing that Victoria’s Secret is the only place on earth with actually supportive sports bras?  I mean, good job, VS.  Boo, Nike and Adidas, AKA THE MOST POPULAR AND REPUTABLE SPORTS CLOTHING LINES ON THE PLANET.)

Let’s see; what else?  My graduate course is almost complete, and I’m almost sure that I aced it, but…never mind.  I don’t want to get my hopes up.  You never know.  Either way, even if I didn’t ace it, I managed to get through it with only ONE fainting episode!  Brava to me!

Oh!  Last weekend, two of my BEST FRIENDS from college came to visit me.  It was spectacular.  We walked around the city, ate lots of delicious food, and told all the same stories we’ve told each other two thousand times before.  Don’t you love friends like that?
Because my apartment is small and tends to get crowded, my friends and I stayed at the HoJo downtown.  Check out the lock on our door.  I mean, we had no security concerns at ALL.

In other news, two weekends ago my roommate and I saw the Joffrey Ballet perform, and then we walked around Wicker Park so that I could say I’ve been there, and yesterday we went on a scavenger hunt. 

At this point I’m guessing you’re getting bored, so I’ll say tah-tah for now.  I have brownies that just came out of the oven.  So there.

Here is a hilarious picture of my cat hogging my coat and all my stuff.

1 comment: