Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Hello, lovelies.

Remember when I kept a blog? It was a while back. My most recent post went up more than a year ago.

Life got a little crazy. I moved in with my boyfriend, who then became my fiance. (We're getting married in October!)

Plus I was in grad school, and hurrying to finish up a little sooner than expected so that I could put all my energy into wedding planning and just generally moving forward with my life.

But now, my degree is done, it's summer, and I have lots of ideas and thoughts. A few of them are Chicago-specific. Most of them are not. So let's just pretend that this blog is called "the Ursula files" instead of "the Chicago files" because as much as I love this city, most things that are important to me don't have a lot to do with what happens here.

Also! I used my name just then. Don't know if you noticed. But that's a new thing. Let's drop the anonymity, okay? My name is Ursula and I live in Chicago. There's probably more than a handful of us here. When I started this blog I was all worried about "important people" finding out who I was and, based on my accounts of various landmarks and restaurants in this city, decide that I was unfit for...something. A career, a livelihood, a future. But now I've decided that that's stupid.

Okay, that's enough blathering. See you guys soon.

4 comments:

  1. I KNEW WHO YOU WERE, THIS WHOLE TIME

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT HOW WHY

    ...yeah, I sometimes forget that the only people who read this are the people who know me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just re-found you! Sorry if that's not a word.

    ReplyDelete