Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 2: Being a Cheesy Tourist

My mom came to town yesterday, and you know what that means:
1) More or less free food and shopping
AND
2) A perfectly good excuse to be a cheesy tourist!
My mom has never been to Chicago except in passing, and now she is completely in love with it.  Why wouldn’t she be?  So far we have been to Millennium Park, Willis Tower, shopping on Michigan Ave, Buckingham Fountain, and Gino’s East.  The weather has been excellent and no major crises have occurred, like getting lost or not being able to find a bathroom when you oh-so-badly need one.
Oh, and we also saw the new Marilyn Monroe statue, the one where she’s in the white dress standing over a heating grate, which is delightful, and yes, you can totally see her white lace undies.
I know you were all wondering.
But it would have been embarrassing to take a picture from that angle, so here is a decent one from the front:

And here’s my snapshot of the city from the top of the tower, which I would secretly like to put on a postcard.

Now I have to ask a question about Gino’s.  Why is it the supposed best pizza ever?  Is it the crust?  The sauce?  The cheese UNDER the sauce?
Because I thought it was delicious, but not necessarily the BEST PIZZA I HAVE EVER TASTED.
Am I missing something?
Or am I just spoiled by the outrageously good pizza that Black Cherry makes from scratch?

No comments:

Post a Comment