Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Why Being a Cubs Fan is Great for People Who Don’t Understand Baseball

My dad took me to two Cubs games when he helped me move here, and this was after I initially begged off going to the second one.  I don’t really follow sports and baseball has too many rules for me to keep track of, so I was pretty sure that one game would be all I could handle. 
However, being a Cubs fan can be very rewarding even if you don’t understand what’s happening on the field. 
The number one reason is that they aren’t that hard to keep track of.  If you don’t know anything about the Cubs, you probably still know that they don’t win a heck of a lot and haven’t won a World Series in, like, a hundred years. 
Personally, I love to root for the underdog, so being a Cubs fan is easy for me in that respect.
Also, I’m pretty sure that Chris Thile (that’s pronounced TEE-lee) of Nickel Creek fame is a Cubs fan. 

How can you disagree with this guy?
photo by Cassandra Jenkins

Also, cubs are young bears, which are:
1)       Baby animals.
2)      Adorable.
Win-win.  Have you ever seen anything cuter?  Before its mother ate your face off?  I didn’t think so.
photo by beingmyself
Go Cubs Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment